Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sony Multi-Card Reader/Writer MRW62E-T2

I mean, who the heck reviews a card reader/writer??

Well, there's something interesting about card readers... Most of the China brand card readers reads almost everything, from CF, SD, XD, MS, M2, your mind, your dog's mind, a book and so on... They do suck. Not because of their transfer speed (which is slow), but their quality. I mean, would you trust something dinky to transfer your precious photos from an 8GB memory card (could be 1000++ images) to your computer while it decides to kill your card and everything in it? I can hear those people using film laughing and snickering now...


But, everything has it ups and down, right?


Well, yesterday I bought a card reader/writer from Sony. Been all the shops around the Mines Shopping Mall and all I got are 3 reputable brands. Sony, Cooler Master and Apacer. Each were priced (sticker) of RM32.90, RM33.00, RM35.00.


I got the Sony. I got it since they are known to have better QC, and Cooler Master don't do chips, and Apacer... Well, I'm not sure about them...


I mean, what Card Reader comes with a instruction manual??? And the USB transfer cable comes with a ferrite choke.


I haven't tested it's speed though, but it reads my phone's Multi-Media Card (RS) and writes, to which my previous no-brand card reader/writer on reads.. -.-"



Overall, the Sony card reader does its job.

No comments: