Saturday, December 18, 2010

2010 Langkawi

Went to Langkawi last weekend, using MAS.



Photobucket
[1. Sunset at the rich-men port. Look at all those yachts-sssss] 



All I can say that, Langkawi = Duty FREE!!!!!


Meaning, a bottle of 1 liter Black Label cost about RM70, where as in KL, the bottle of Black Label is around RM160-180 for the 750ml.


SWING!!! JIM BEAM!!! CHIVAS!!!


wahahaha...

Anyway, was raining all day for most of the day, since its Dec, except for a few hours where we manage to get some sun.



Click on the jump for the photos I took during the trip.



Photobucket
[2. Some beach, off the cost of Kuah, where we got lost, so we drove around the coast.. ]




Photobucket
[3. Fishing? Looks like fun.. There are a couple of eagles here, though, with just my 18-105mm, they barely register as a spot on the pictures I took of them, if I took any...]





Photobucket
[4. Them eagles rest there! I think, even with a 300mm lens (or 450mm equivalent on my dx-d90 body), they would be far too small... Cause they just cover ~5% of the photo with my lens at 105mm, so at 300mm, it would just be 15%, still too small...
Need maybe a 400mm; though they do say that with bird photography, there is no lenses long enough.. ]




Photobucket
[5. At the rich men port]





Photobucket
[6. Monkeys!]





Photobucket
[7. Monkey monkeying around]





Photobucket
[8. My favorite picture so far! f11, 1/80, ISO 200, Matrix with -1.0 EV in shifted Program @18mm]





Photobucket
[9. Rich-men port's restaurant f8, 1/40s, ISO 200, Matrix -1.00EV @35mm]




Photobucket
[10. I like the setting so much that I took another pic with slightly different sunlight. f10, 1/30s, ISO 200, Matrix with -0.67EV @18mm]





Photobucket
[11. Lens flare of would I say, without any UV-filter. Well, the 18-105 lens has no Super Crystal Nano Coating, so, I would say that the flare is minimal. f10, 1/60s, ISO 200, Matrix with -1.0 EV, hand-held @ 35mm]





Photobucket
[12. Sun is going down. f11, 1/50s, ISO 200, -0.67EV in Matrix, at 35mm]





Photobucket
[13. Went to Under-SEA world, or I would say, the aquarium. With a student card, you get RM6 discount. Not worth it, better go to zoo negara, as you can see more animals, and the aquarium too for about the same price]





Photobucket
[14. Night street photography.. ]





Photobucket
[15. This place is popular with tourist, since its near to the beach and the airport]





Photobucket
[16. Expensive restaurant. ]





Photobucket
[17. Travel Station!!!]





Photobucket
[18. Magic Mushrooms!!!]

3 comments:

anaklangkawi said...

What can i say.. Such a nicely picture taken.. I'm quite amaze there's some area's in Langkawi that have such a nice scenery if when taken at the right time..

anaklangkawi
http://langkawi-updates.blogspot.com/

Will definately put your post link in mine.. to share great pictures of langkawi.. :) hope u dont mine

Nemu~iii said...

Thanks!

Too bad it was raining most of the time when I was there. Didn't really get to have a whole day of fun at the beach. Next time though, will have another trip planned. =)

anaklangkawi said...

Well,
If its not raining i think there will be more beautiful pictures taken..

Come back again & I'll recommend great places to take pictures..