Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Chinese Drum-roll during the night?!

Two nights ago, I heard some loud music outside my house... 'tong-tong chiang! tong-tong chiang!'

I thought that it was chinese new year all over again... But.. it was the 'Parade of the Deity/God' or 'Yiew Shen' for the temple near my housing area... [didn't know that there is a temple near my housing area]

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
[those trucks carry those big ass jos-stick]

I'm not religious coz I'm an atheist,though I 'wave' the jos-stick [I don't know how to express the movement... -.-'' ] to my ancestors... ( I view that as a respect to them...)

In stead of a lion dance we have these...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
[dragon dance? (ain't know the term..)]

They actually stop there at the middle of the road...

Then they start moving...

Image hosting by Photobucket

I finally found the source of the 'festive' music...

Image hosting by Photobucket

You know when the Deity wanna come out for a stroll, there would be plenty of followers...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then, they would carry the Deity for a stroll round the road a few times... [to give peace to that area... coz my dad says that its his birthday mar...]

Image hosting by Photobucket

After a walk around this part.. Its time to leave... [like those Datuks at speaches.. come for 40 minutes then run away.... But these Deities are better, coz they give peace to us...]

Soon... you'll know when the Deity wanna come out, its a big business coz it stops traffic...[like those Agong and sultans..]

Image hosting by Photobucket

They say this 'yiew shen' is a good way to meet up with chicks...though I never tried....

Actually there was one last night...[near my old school..] But.. looking at the traffic you'll know the reason to stay clear...

No comments: